We may collection certain Client Information from or about you. “Client Information” includes:
- information we may collect from you that you voluntarily give to us through applications, forms, this Website, or other correspondence with us. This information can include your name, address, phone number, social security number and e-mail address.
- information about your transactions with us, including information about your account holdings and your transaction history.
- information about you that we receive from third parties, such as transfer agents, custodians, financial institutions and service bureaus.
1. We Limit Client Information Sharing, Use and Disclosure
- Internal Use. We will use your personally identifiable information within our business for the purposes of furthering our business, including analyzing your information, matching your information with the information of others, and other possible uses.
- Aggregate Use and Disclosure. We will use and disclose your personally identifiable information on an aggregate basis, which means that we combine parts of your information with parts of the information from our other users without including your name, complete telephone number, complete e-mail address or your street address, in the combination. For example, we might determine the most common zip code among the users of the Website and disclose that zip code to other parties, or determine and disclose the average income of investors in our funds.
- Affiliated Companies. We offer investment products and services, and we may share all of the nonpublic personal information collected on you with our affiliates. We believe that by sharing information about you and your accounts among our companies, we are better able to serve your investment needs and to suggest services or educational materials that may be of interest to you.
- Non-affiliated Service Providers and Joint Marketing Partners. From time to time, we use outside parties to perform services for us or functions on our behalf, including marketing our own investment products and services or marketing products or services that we may offer jointly with other parties. We may disclose all of the nonpublic personal information we collect as described above to such parties. However, before we disclose nonpublic personal information to any of our service providers or joint marketing partners, we require them to agree to keep our investor information confidential and secure and to use it only as authorized by us. When required by law, we will ask your permission before we share your information for this type of marketing.
- Other Non-affiliated Third Parties. We do not sell or share your information with outside marketers who may want to offer their own products and services to you.
- Other Uses and Disclosures. We maintain technology and information management systems designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information. In addition, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to personnel who have a legitimate business need for the information.
We may use and disclose your personally identifiable information to the extent reasonably necessary to:
- correct technical problems and malfunctions in how we provide our products and service to you and to technically process your information;
- protect the security and integrity of the Website and our Internet service, including, without limitation, to enforce our Website Terms and Conditions against you;
- protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- take precautions against liability;
- respond to claims that your information violates the rights and interests of third parties;
- the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process; and
- the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide personal information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
You understand and agree that technical processing of your information is and may be required to:
- send and receive messages regarding your use of the Website;
- conform to the technical requirements of connecting networks;
- conform to the limitations of our service; or
- conform to other, similar technical requirements.
2. Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in to or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Client Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Client Information on this Website, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. If you would like to opt out of certain of our uses of your Client Information, please contact us at the contact information included below.
3. Wireless Addresses
If the e-mail address you provide to us is a wireless e-mail address, you agree to receive messages from us at such address unless and until you tell us not to send messages to that address, by following the instructions in the “Opt In and Opt Out” section above. Your wireless carrier’s standard rates will apply as long as you are receiving messages at a wireless e-mail address. If you give us a wireless e-mail address, you represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the device on which messages will be received and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
4. We Protect Client Information about Former Customers
5. Third Party Websites
Third-party websites collect information, including personal information, from you and, in some instances, may provide us with information about your activities on those websites. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit. They are often located at the bottom of the website at a link titled “Privacy.”
6. Security Safeguards
We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place that are designed to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your Client Information. We restrict access to Client Information to those who need that information in order for us to provide our products and services to you. Although we take (and require our third-party providers to take) commercially reasonable security precautions regarding your Client Information collected from and stored in connection with the Website, due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your Client Information stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from a us or a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and we disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, or using the “contact us” feature on the Website, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. We will have no liability for disclosure of your Client Information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If we believe that the security of your Client Information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible by e-mail. You consent to your use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
8. Withdrawing Consent
We may provide tools that enable you to modify or delete your Client Information or to withdraw your consent to certain data collection. Please be aware, however, that disclosures or copies already made may remain. If this is not acceptable to you, do not supply the Client Information in the first place; for required information, this may mean you will not be able to participate in certain programs. If you have a non-variable legal right to withdraw your consent or particular information and exercise that right, we reserve the right to terminate your account and any contracts or obligations we might have to you, including, but not limited to any benefits or services you receive from us, except that you will still be bound by any obligations incurred and consent provided before your withdrawal.
9. Our Commitment to You
We value the trust of our customers and will continue to recognize the importance of holding your Client Information as confidential. We strive to maintain accurate Client Information and respond promptly to customer requests to correct information. We will require companies with whom we do business to use Client Information appropriately and to safeguard the confidentiality of such information.
United Development Funding IV
1301 Municipal Way, Suite 100
Grapevine, Texas 76051
Toll Free: 1-800-859-9338